Feeling Kind of Out of It

That's how I'm feeling lately.  It's like I've missed the bus and am left standing there with no idea how I'm going to get to where I want to go.  I've done all of my Christmas shopping, we have our tree up, we have some baking done and everything is fine.  I'm just not feeling it this year.  I'm not grumpy just this absence of any feeling really.

I love sitting curled up on the couch while it snows.  I love looking at our Christmas tree and wrapping presents.  I usually love all that Christmas stuff but this year it's taking me longer to get off the ground.  I've done all the right things so whats the problem?  Is it that I'm old and Christmas isn't a big deal anymore?  Is it because the kids are teens and don't believe in Santa anymore?  Is it because the husband and I aren't getting each other gifts?  Is it the lack of snow?  I have no idea but maybe it's a combination of all of those things.

So tonight when everyone else was in bed I dimmed the lights, lit a candle, turned on our fireplace dvd and sat down to a cup of tea.  Then it came, that feeling, that feeling of everything being absolutely perfect.  That feeling that I don't have to worry or rush cause I've done it all right and everyone is going to have a great Christmas.  That feeling that means Christmas can come now cause I'm ready.  So bring it, I'm feeling it now!

Comments

Spiderjohn said…
Christmas (or any day for that matter) is what you make of it.
Merry Christmas!
Sparkless said…
Spiderjohn, that is most definitely the truth.
Merry Christmas to you too!
Mama Pea said…
I think you did a very good job of setting things right . . . in a very short post! (And look at all the money you saved by not going to a shrink!)
Kannan said…
This blog is good.
Sparkless said…
Thanks Mama Pea and Kannan. I'm old enough to know that most things pass with time and effort so why worry.
Erin said…
I hope I feel it soon, I'm still completely out of it! Yay for the fireplace DVD, we have it too! :)

Popular posts from this blog

Halloween

Mother's Day Good

Evening Entertainment