Ho Hum

I've been pretty happy up until last week.  Then it hit.  The Ho Hums hit like a ton of bricks.  I don't feel excited about anything.  It all seems boring.  I just want to stay home on the couch with a book.

I'm pretty sure the kids will have a great Christmas because I'm awesome at figuring out what a person wants even if they don't know it yet.   They also will be off school which they enjoy even more than good presents.  The husband gets what he wants but for the life of me I can't figure out what I want except a bigger house.  I've tried to think of a gift that would make me happy, well not happy but something that I'd like.  I keep drawing a blank.  Is this what it's like to get older?  You don't want anything because everything is boring and you know you don't really need it.  All that stuff you get for Christmas will just be more things you have to find placed for in an already full house.

We hardly have any snow and there is rain in the forecast which will take care of any that we do have.  Snow for Christmas is never guaranteed here like in the past.  Global warming has ruined Christmas for me.  I love the snow.  It just doesn't seem like Christmas to me without snow.  Yes, I'm aware that lots of people don't have snow and they have perfectly wonderful Christmases.  My brother and his family live in Australia and don't get snow for Christmas because it's summer for them.  Instead they go to the beach or have parties outside.  It's all good.

I want snow at Christmas and lots of it.  I want to feel all cozy inside with a roaring fire.  And right now I'm even getting bored with this post.  I'll probably delete it or leave it with all the zillion other posts that didn't get posted.  I almost have more unposted posts than posted ones.

I think I'll go take my Ho Hums and look for some snow.

Comments

Mama Pea said…
Snuggling in with a book (snow or no snow) sounds pretty good to me! I think the holiday season brings up general dissatisfaction in many areas. Why is that? (Thesis paper to follow.) You're doing the best thing by keeping your chirky attitude and thinking ahead to good things. (Your house will seem bigger when the kids leave! ;o})
Wishing you lots of snow for Christmas!
The Happy Whisk said…
I hope you get some snow.
Sparkless said…
Thanks Mama Pea. I doubt the house will feel any bigger when the kids move out because there will still be only one bathroom and no storage space.

Debra and The Happy Whisk it's snowing!!!!! Thanks for the wishes they seemed to help.
Birdie said…
There is absolutely nothing that I can think of either. Maybe for someone to return some library books.
Leigh said…
I hear you about snow and Christmas. That was one of the hardest changes about moving south (that and no real autumn). Funny how certain things seem to "make" a particular holiday. I hope you got your snow and are having a very merry Christmas!
Sparkless said…
Birdie I hope you are feeling better soon.

Leigh, thanks for the Christmas wishes. We had a bit of snow on the ground but not much. Still waiting for that big snowfall.

Popular posts from this blog

Evening Entertainment

Halloween

Trying My Best