Life Hurts

There are days when I just wish I could toss all my physical and mental pain away and live a life without pain.  Like it's not bad enough that my body hurts so bad I sometimes don't move trying to keep the pain at bay but there is the mental pain.  I think these mental pains change depending on where you are in your life.  Like when you are a child there are all those mental pains over friendships, growing, and finding out who you are and what you can do.  There is heartache too that goes along with dating and love.  We think that once we find our true love that all our heartache will be over but really it's just beginning.

When we have children we ache for them when they hurt and try to help them through their problems.  We wish we could take all the pain away from them when in fact doing that would cripple them.  Pain, be it emotional of physical, is a fact of life.  When you are able to manage and get through tough times you become stronger and better at coping when the next thing comes.

At this time of my life being a parent to young adults who are just done or finishing high school I find myself telling them to "hang on, it will get better" more times than I'd like.  But from my experience that is exactly what happens.  When you keep trying and hang in there it either gets better or a change happens.  Of course they don't listen to me and continue to twist and churn over everything.  They seem to love to marinate in pain and angst.  There is nothing I can say that eases their pain.

So I give them a hug, tell them I love them and to hang in there cause it will get better.  It's all I've got and one day they will see that I really did know what I was talking about.  I just hope I can hang on long enough to enjoy that day.

Comments

Oh, the angst of youth! We've all been there and done that, eh? I hope things settle down for them soon.
Sparkless said…
Thanks Debra. It seems that once one kids gets a bit settled the other one kicks off. Hopefully they figure things out soon cause my poor old heart can't take much more.

Popular posts from this blog

Mother's Day Good

Trying My Best

Evening Entertainment