I'm Turning In My Adult Card

I don't want to be an adult anymore.  I want to go back and be a kid again when someone else takes care of everything and all I have to do is play.  Too much stress and bad stuff is going on and I'm plugging my ears and not going to hear anymore.  I'm going to stay in bed and ignore it all.

Being an adult is too hard, and watching two teens attempt the journey is painful especially when there isn't anything you can do to help.  I think I'll hand over my mom card too just for a few days.  I'm plumb out of energy and feel like a total failure.  Maybe someone else can do a better job for awhile.  I love my kids but it's hard being a parents, way harder than I ever thought.  When they were little it was so much easier, except for the lack of sleep.  Now they sleep but I'm awake all night worrying about them still.

I need a successful adult to teach me how to do that.  Anyone know any of those? 

Comments

Mama Pea said…
I don't think there's an adult among us who hasn't at one time or another (maybe most of the time!) wanted to go back to the days of our lives when we had so little responsibility or understood that all of life is not good or fair or pleasant. As for being a parent? The hardest job in the world in which to feel you're doing a good job. Join the club.
Sparkless said…
Mama Pea, there's a club? Well send me my membership card cause I belong!

Popular posts from this blog

Halloween

Mother's Day Good

Evening Entertainment