Not Feeling It

It is hot again, way too hot.  The only rain we get is a couple of drops which just makes things hot and muggy.  The other day my husband kept remarking how it was cloudy but still over 35C outside at 11am.  After tomorrow it is supposed to cool down a bit.  Hopefully we can go back to 30C and 16C at night. 

Enough of the weather forecasts, you all want to know what I'm doing, right?  If you were a fly on the wall you'd have died of boredom watching me.  I did manage to read a book but right now I can't even remember the name of the book.  Dementia is setting in.

The husband is taking the kids and going to his parents house tomorrow afternoon for supper.  They live about an hour and a half drive from us.  The husband's sister, husband and youngest daughter are visiting my in-laws from Regina, Sask.  They do this every year and every year we go visit them there.  I am staying home.  With no air condition in our car and having to stuff 4 people in it for 1 1/2 hours I can't do it.  I was panting from the heat this afternoon when I had to pick up some groceries.  I was literally panting like a dog because the inside of our car was so hot.  Lucky we only live a few blocks away from a grocery store.  If it wasn't so dang hot I'd walk there but I'd die in this 39C heat.

Sure I'd like to see my sister-in-law, brother-in-law and niece but I'm not getting heat stroke to do it.  Plus the husband can only stay for a few hours because he has to get back because the daughter has to work Thursday.  I'll just be at home enjoying my a/c.  Oh by the way the in-laws don't even have a/c so it gets really hot in their house.  We all end up having to sit outside in the shade fighting off the bugs.  Not my idea of a fun time.  We'd invite them here but if only SIL, BIL and niece would come but MIL and FIL would have to tag along too.  They can't stand to have their kids have any time alone together.  We really don't have room for that many people in our house and they would expect a meal too which we can't really afford to provide for that many people or accommodate that many people.  Sitting outside is out of the question with the extreme heat we get, even in the shade it's unbelievably hot.  Our small a/c unit would not handle having that many more people stuff in our living room either.  It's too small for our house as it is but it's the biggest unit I can get in my kitchen window and there are no other windows to put an a/c unit in. 

We could put a permanent unit in the wall but my husband can't do anything like that so we'd have to hire someone to do that and we can't afford that.  So we make do with our too small a/c and fans.  It is pretty loud in our house with the fans and a/c going.  It's such a relief to be able to turn them all off at night.  My ears need the rest.

I tried to see the Perseid meteor shower tonight but there is a light cloud cover or some haze in the air so I can't really see many stars.  We live just outside the city in a residential area so we can't see that many stars to begin with.  I was looking forward to sitting in my lounge chair watching but instead I'll just have to go to bed and hope that tomorrow night is clear.

Comments

Birdie said…
Fall is coming. This long summer has been here for so long.

I forgot all about the meteor shower. Doh!

Popular posts from this blog

Evening Entertainment

Halloween

Trying My Best