Down, Down, Down...

I was reading an article about how some people have summer depression.  We all know about SAD and that people become depressed in winter but no one really believes there are people who become depressed in the summer.  Well I read it on the internet so it has to be true but even better than that is that I pretty much suffer from it.

The article said they put cooling blankets on the people at night and they slept better.  They also said these people were better if they had air-conditioning.  They weren't sure what causes it but I guess they were looking at temperature as being a factor.  All I know is that I don't sleep when the room is too hot and that's pretty much all summer because we get temps every day of 35C or higher.  And we don't have any breezes to speak of at night so opening a window does little.

Maybe I'll make some kind of a hat where you deposit ice and wear it on your head all day.  Even if it doesn't cure your summer depression it would make other people laugh and you could laugh right along with them because you felt cool and not like your skin was on fire like usual.  The bonus would be you wouldn't feel depressed anymore and could enjoy the summer even if you were wearing a giant ice hat.  On second thought I'll just stay inside in my sort of air-conditioned house and hope fall arrives quickly so I don't slump too far down into the dark hole of depression.

On a bright note someone said I had beautiful hair today while I was shopping.  It caught me off guard and I almost didn't know what to say but I recovered enough to stutter thanks and wandered off to my car.  Never in my entire life has anyone said I had beautiful hair.  So when I got home I took a look in the mirror.  There it was in all it's greying glory.  It's kind of fun to go from having very dark brown hair to this beautiful white.  I have two stripes down the sides of my face that people think I dye  but it's totally natural.  The rest is greying slowly.  It's weird to feel a loose hair on my arm but not be able to see if because it's such a light color now.  I wonder if that's what it's like for blonde people, never being able to find that one annoying hair on their leg or arm that they want to brush away but can't see.

I've been toying with the idea of darkening the top up a bit to delay that grey but it's so expensive and I don't think I can do it on my own.  Plus I worry that the grey I do have will turn that horrible yellow color instead of the silver white I have now.  Should I do it?  Should I save my money and get it done or just let nature take her course?

I'm doing a mini purge of the house.  I'm not making the big headway I used to make  but as long as things keep going out the door to the recycle center and my closets are getting neater I don't really care.  I'm just doing what I can and trying to enjoy the process.  I used to love cleaning closets and organizing stuff.  I still kind of do but my back gets in the way and I end up with stuff strewn about the house and not enough strength to manage sorting and organizing it so it all ends up back in the closet with very little gain.  Instead I am just picking a bit here and there and making slow progress.  So far I've got a few boxes to be recycled and a pillow to go in the trash.  We don't need four extra pillows one of which is an old flattened one.  The other three are new or almost new so we'll keep those.  The daughter took one because she was complaining her pillow was too flat.  So now our closet has only two pillows in it and I'm counting that as a win! 

I won't talk about all the other junk stuffed in that closet because that's for another day.  Gotta start somewhere.  I'm off to bed now cause it's getting late and I have to get my rear moving earlier tomorrow so I can get the laundry on the line to dry.


Comments

Weekend-Windup said…
That may be true. Because i have experienced this with my kid. During summer my kid used to have restless sleep. We were wondering what could be the reason. Then we taught to buy an air conditioning. From that day onwards he had a good sleep. Temperature is a very bid factor which disturbs most of the peoples to have a good sleep...
Sparkless said…
Hi Weekend-Windup. A good sleep is so important to healthy brain functioning so getting quality sleep is just as important as good food and exercise. I hope your son sleeps well this summer.

Popular posts from this blog

Evening Entertainment

Halloween

Trying My Best