Still Here

I'm still here along with 8 or more unfinished draft posts.  I'm not having trouble writing I'm having trouble finishing.  So this will just be a quick one to let you know I'm still here and reading your blogs too.

Nothing exciting going on.  I did see a bear walk by the other night.  It was late and I saw him on the security camera one night when I was up because I couldn't sleep.  We had heard there was a bear around but you never really expect to see one walking down the street, crossing the road, walk in front of your car and then sauntering off down the sidewalk like he belongs.  I'm always amazed no matter how many times I see one.

Our yard is a mess.  I have no energy or whatever it is I need to go out there and do something about all those weeds.  The roses have all gone wild and need to be pruned way back.  I really need to get out there before the weeds take over and then I'll never get anything done.

The weather is spring here.  We had an early spring and my lilacs are blooming now as are my tulips.  I don't have many tulips left and I should buy some bulbs in the fall to replant them because I love having spring flowers.

I have so much to do and no energy to do any of it.  I have the time just no energy.  But I will soldier on and do something tomorrow.  It will be one of the first days of this year that I'll have my house to myself.  The son actually went over to a friend's house overnight.  Ya, we had to drive him there.  I refused but the husband drove him.  I won't be picking him up either so he'll either have to get a bus home or wait for his dad to get back from work.

The daughter is taking some driving lessons and we have taken her out to practice too.  She's getting better but it's nerve wracking for me even though I don't let on.  She is improving so that's good and hopefully she'll be able to get her license by the end of the summer or sooner depending on how she does.

The son is doing nothing as usual.  I told him he has till the end of May to start to do something.  He has to get a job, any kind of job, volunteer or find something to do other than sitting in his room.  We take away his game consoles and computer during the week now and he only get it back on the weekend.  At the end of May if he isn't doing something we are charging him rent.  He'll run out of money quickly and after that we aren't sure what we are going to do.  He's never been motivated by money but we may cut him off the internet and not pay for his cell phone anymore.  It's just so stressful for his dad and I.  We just want him to get off his bum and do something.

And that is what is going on here.  Not much and nothing terribly exciting, as usual, but that's life.

Comments

Erin said…
Crazy all that water line stuff! I had to have my yard dug up last year and a 2 day job turned into 2 weeks I thought I was going to go mad. Sounds like a good plan with your son to take away some of those things - all conveniences that we did just fine without. Kids today seem to think that life just stops without cell phones and gaming equipment!
Sparkless said…
Hey Erin glad to have you back blogging. It didn't take long for the water main to get done it's the clean up afterwards that's taking a long time. The husband has left the yard all bumpy and it needs to get flattened out but he either doesn't care or hasn't a clue how to do it. I may just hire someone to come fix the yard cause right now it's a hazard trying not to break your ankle in a hole hidden by the sod over top of it.

Popular posts from this blog

Mother's Day Good

Trying My Best

Evening Entertainment