Waiting

For the last three days or more there has been a weather warning up about a big winter storm coming.  So far not much.  They keep putting the day it's to arrive back.  Now we are waiting for it to arrive this afternoon.  It's almost noon and haven't seen much snow.  There was a light dusting last night but not enough to warrant a weather warning.

I'd like a big dump of snow.  I'm tired of the brown dead stuff and want everything to look white and clean for a bit.  It's like we've had no winter at all this winter and we need winter.

I also feel blah.  I don't feel like doing anything.  I don't even want to do anything.  Nothing appeals to me.  I know I should be making plans, resolutions or even goals but I'm just not into it.  I want to go back to bed and stay there.

There is so much I should be doing or at least planning to do but I'm not.  I want to want to do stuff but I can't seem to muster any enthusiasm.  The only thing that appeals to me is snuggling down in a warm bed and sleeping.  Maybe I just need to hibernate like an animal?  Too bad I have laundry, cooking, bills, cleaning, dishes, and the list goes on endlessly.

I think I'm depressed about our lack of snow.

I just came back to this draft after a day and we have snow now.  It's still snowing and has been all afternoon.  We don't have as much snow as I'd like but there is now a good foot out there.  Hopefully it won't turn to rain and be gone by the end of the week.  I like a proper winter not some chilly drizzle all the time.

The daughter is back to school Monday and the son has a list of things he needs to do.  We expect him to get himself looking human which means a haircut and even shave or at least trim up his beard and mustache.  He needs new shoes and owes his friend money for gas from last year that he didn't give him.  We drove him to the bank and had him take the money out so the next time he saw his friend he'd have it ready.  He saw his friend and didn't give him any money.  We are not pleased and are now going to force the issue.  You do not take rides from someone on a regular basis without paying your share of the gas.  This boy's parents pay for the gas but it's not okay to stiff your friend's parents either.

The son bought shirts and a pillow for his girlfriend that didn't arrive until after the one day they all got together.  Can you imagine your girlfriend or boyfriend is in town from being away at university and you only see them once the whole two weeks?  Ya, it boggles my mind too.  So he did manage to give his one friend his shirt but not the other two friends or his girlfriend.  I'm staying out of that stuff from now on.  The son is a crappy friend and boyfriend and I feel sorry for his girlfriend but there is nothing I can do about it.  I've talked to the son about this many times and now I'm letting the chips fall where they may. 

This post was supposed to be about me whining cause I don't have any interest in anything.  Guess I got off topic, lucky you.  LOL!  Anyway, today I got my snow and I still don't feel much better.  I still want to go back to bed and stay there.  

I feel like I'm waiting for something, I just don't know what that something is.  The snow didn't help and it's taken me several days to get this post up.  I keep editing it and leaving it when I get interrupted by kids and cats.  I'll probably regret it but I'm going to hit post and be done with it.

Comments

ditchingthedog said…
That sums up exactly what I am feeling... "I feel like I'm waiting for something, I just don't know what that something is." In no way do I feel at a loss because Christmas is over. In fact, I am glad. It is just this feeling of unending nothingness. All I do is go to work and sleep. On my days off I just clean the house or sit and watch Netflix. It is one big meh.
Sparkless said…
Birdie, yup a big old meh. I feel like this often and thus why I named myself Sparkless. I used to have a bit of spark in my life but it has gone and I'd sure like to get it back. I'm just not sure how and so I wait.

Popular posts from this blog

Halloween

Mother's Day Good

Evening Entertainment