Seasons Greetings

Or Merry Christmas or whatever you celebrate.  Personally I don't care what people say to me, I'm just happy someone was nice enough to wish me well.  So Merry Christmas, Blessed Yule, it's all good.

Still no snow.  We had a bit a few days ago but it turned to rain and all the snow is pretty much gone now.  Looks to be a green Christmas for us this year although I do see in the forecast it says snow/rain on the 23rd and 24th so we can always hope it's snow.

Without snow I'm finding it hard to get into my Christmas spirit.  It doesn't really feel like Christmas time when there is no snow.  We used to go sledding around Christmas and walk outside in the snow.  My favorite thing to do was to be all cozy in the house with hot chocolate and a good book while it snowed heavily outside.  Now it's just damp and cold and rainy. 

My nephew and his girlfriend had their baby this morning.  They named him Roman.  The mom is from a very Italian family so that's where the name comes from.  They'll have a very special Christmas.  Hopefully I'll get a chance to see him soon.  Pictures never do a baby justice.

I did find out the rest of the son's marks and they are all F's.  I am pretending he has to get his marks and tell us because we have no way to do that.  So far he hasn't told us about his marks nor about not paying his tuition for next semester.  I'm going to wait and see if he tells us or what happens when his friend goes back to school and he has no where to go.  Will he pretend he's going to school or will he tell us?  Will he go out and look for a job on his own?  I'm not sure what he thinks he's going to do and how keeping his parents in the dark will benefit him but he's going to have a very rude awakening soon.

The daughter and I are baking cookies tomorrow.  I hope my back holds out because it has been killing me lately.  I can stand up for about 10 minutes before it starts aching and I have to sit down.  It doesn't help that we live in such a small house because everything you do you have to bend at awkward angles to get to things.  You can't even get the clothes out of the dryer without standing sideways in the hall because the hall is so small.  Two people can't even pass each other in the hall, one has to back up to let the other pass.  It's a nightmare.

Tonight I was trying to fold clothes on my bed because that is the only place I can fold clothing.  Every time I moved I'd bump my arm on the high sharp edge of my dresser.  I'll be sporting a very pretty bruise tomorrow.  I also often bump my chest on this dresser top corner.  It's just at above the boob level and at night when I go to bed after turning the light out I sometimes come too close to it and get a nice chest bruise from the sharp corner.  People must think I'm really clumsy but when you can barely fit between the bed and dresser sometimes the corner gets me especially in the dark.

I think I write pretty much the same thing every time I post.  I wish I had something funny to say or a good story but I don't.  I'd make something up but I'm just not in the mood.  Send snow, lots of snow!  That should improve my mood.

Comments

Mama Pea said…
Oh, my. Now you've got me thinking. Do you suppose there are bloggers out there (ones we read all the time) whose posts are pure fabrication? (Shoot! My cover has been blown.) ;o]
Have a wonderful Christmas season! If you want snow, may it snow like the Dickens! (This is the only time of the year when I can really use that expression).
ditchingthedog said…
Parallel lives - I have hurt my back and can't stand for more than a few minutes.

Merry Christmas!
Sparkless said…
Mama Pea, there must be a few bloggers who make things up, unfortunately I don't. I'd have a much better life if I made it all up. LOL!

Debra, have Charles send all the snow over. Tell him we loved A Christmas Carol although the daughter didn't understand why it was called A Christmas Carol because a carol is a song.

Birdie, yup parallel lives. Now can you please have something wonderful happen to you so it can happen to me to.

Popular posts from this blog

Evening Entertainment

Halloween

Trying My Best