Happy New Year 2015!

Well here it is still 2014 around 6pm.  We have no plans for New Years Eve.  We haven't gone out on New Years for years, well at least 18 or more years since we had children.  I don't mind.  What I do miss is having cable tv so I could watch the ball drop in NY Times Square or some of the other New Years programs.  When you watch the live events on tv it's like you are celebrating with all those people.  Now it feels kind of lonely cause we just watch a prerecorded one from the internet.  It's just not the same somehow.

I usually do a year in review to see what I've accomplished.  Usually there are many more things that I remember and it helps to remember all the big and small events.  In the past most of these events centered around the kids and their accomplishments.   It still does to some degree but is moving away from them and back onto the husband and I.

Big events for last year for the son was he went to therapy, graduated from high school, got his first job two weeks before starting college.  He then failed all his courses and won't be returning to college.  I'm sure there are more things but those are the highlights.

The daughter finished up grade 10 with really good grades and moved on to grade 11 where she continues to do very well.  She's a self motivated girl and doesn't need much prompting about getting her assignments done or studying for tests.  She continued with her piano lessons and gets better and better every day.  She is also trying to learn to play guitar and we can hear her strumming away in her room some days. 

The husband had a few health scares this past year but is doing well now.  He continues to write and mix music to the exclusion of doing anything with his family.  He goes to work and comes home, cooks a few meals and then goes back on his computer.  He didn't fix anything in the house this past year and continues to be a disaster at DIY projects.  He even managed to break the handle off the thermal coffee carafe meaning you have to try to pour it with both hands now, very inconvenient and awkward.  Needless to say that means we have a new coffee maker on order.  I swear this man breaks pretty much everything he touches.

I'm managed to just barely hang onto my sanity although that did slip a few times.  I whined and complained my way through another year.  My health is good although at my age I really need to take better care of myself and get more exercise which I plan to do.  I had no major disasters but also no high points either to make for a rather forgettable year.  I'll take it but hope to see some high points of the year being that the husband and I celebrate our 25th wedding anniversary this May.  He's already trying to get out of doing anything but I won't let him get away with it.  We will go somewhere and do something even if I have to drag him screaming from the house to do it!  LOL!

So good-by 2014, you were an okay year but I'm glad you are over.  I hope that 2015 is the year that knocks my socks off in a good way so I'm looking forward to that.  I also wish anyone who reads this insanity a very wonderful, happy, blessed New Year.  May you prosper and be surrounded by people you love.

Comments

Happy New Year, Sparkless! I hope that 2015 brings some wonderful things your way.
Mama Pea said…
Adding my best wishes to you for a fulfilling, contented new year of 2015. We never know what the future will bring, but here's hoping it's all GOOD for us who have made friends here in the blog world!

Popular posts from this blog

Evening Entertainment

Halloween

Trying My Best