Dare I?

I just gave my expensive Canon Rebel camera to my daughter to use for her photography class.  I have my fingers crossed that she won't break it or it be stolen.  There were cameras in the class that the kids could borrow but she kept telling me there wasn't very many and you had to share one camera with five people.  She also said that several of the kids brought cameras to use so I figured why not.  It's not like I'm using the thing much.  It's better someone get some use out of it before it's totally obsolete.

I did have to buy her a smaller bag to carry the camera in because the one I use is quite large.   My daughter is a bit of a klutz and that worries me.  I know she will feel horrible if she breaks the camera or it is stolen from her locker.  I just hope we don't have to go down that path.

The weather has been fantastic here.  I couldn't ask for better fall weather.  It's been mostly sunny and warm.  I really should get out and take some pictures with my point and shoot camera.  They won't be as nice as ones taken with my Canon Rebel but I'm so bad at taking pictures no one will even notice.  Maybe my daughter can teach me what she learns so I can take better pictures.

Knitting is going slowly.  I still can't get the tension on the wool right.  This means that I have to adjust the wool after every stitch and it's driving me mad.  I don't know how those people can knit Continental style.  My hand just can't seem to keep the wool tight enough or loose enough.  Or it slips completely off my hand.  I know how to do it properly but I just can't seem to get my fingers to do what they are supposed to do.  And the hand cramps are horrible!

I've resorted to going back to English style knitting just to get some knitting done that I don't have to take out.  I know I'll get it sooner or later I was just hoping for sooner.  Pretty soon I'll start on my hat and hopefully have it done by Christmas.  I'm not sure who it will be for, maybe I'll make it for me.  The wool I have is so lovely with all sorts of colors in it that no matter how badly I knit it is going to look beautiful.

I'm slowly starting my Christmas shopping too.  I've got a few things already.  My son is a big problem for us to buy anything for.  He always says he doesn't want anything or he doesn't know what he wants.  I don't like to just give money as a gift so he'll have to be happy with whatever we get him.  I was thinking of getting the husband a metal detector.  I looks like fun to get out to the beach or park and look for stuff.  Maybe we can get the son interested.  It would get him out of his bedroom which I don't think he left except to eat and use the bathroom all weekend.

Not much interesting going on except some weird dreams.  I can hear the coyotes yipping somewhere tonight.  I better leave the cat inside.  Unfortunately that means I'll have to get up at 4am when he demands to go outside.  Oh well, sleep is overrated, right?

Comments

Mama Pea said…
Ha! I sure do hope sleep is overrated because I haven't been getting my fair share of it lately!

Please do take your point and shoot camera out and take some pictures for us readers. I'd love to see more of your part of the country.

You're always so good about getting going on Christmas presents early. I used to be a lot better than I am. Now it just seems a bit of a chore that I don't want to think about. (How's that for being a real Scrooge?)
Ugh, Christmas. Is it getting to be that time of year again so soon?
Sparkless said…
Mama Pea, I have to be good about getting Christmas presents cause I live in the sticks and have to order most everything online. I actually love shopping for inexpensive stuff for everyone for Christmas, it's a challenge I enjoy.

Debra, yes it is getting close so get ready! LOL!
ditchingthedog said…
My daughter is notorious for losing things. Whenever I lend her my camera I am not sure I am going to get it back.

The weather has been nice, hasn't it? We have had some downpours here on the island but they only last a little while then it is back to sun! I am still in capris and a light top.
Sparkless said…
Birdie, my daughter won't lose the camera but she may drop it or one of her friends may do something to it by accident. I'm really hoping not but it's just a camera and if she learns how to use it then it's all good. The weather has been amazing, even when it's cold and wet the fog we get is so pretty.

Popular posts from this blog

Halloween

Mother's Day Good

Evening Entertainment