Oh NO!

Last night I had disaster dreams.  You know the kind where some kind of big disaster happens.  I dreamed about a train wreck and something else weird like huge amounts of snow falling from small clouds in the sky.  We thought it looked cool until we realized how dangerous it was and started running.  I woke up early and couldn't go back to sleep so got up.  The dreams kind of rattled me because they gave me a sense of foreboding.

I've been exhausted all day and was falling asleep sitting up tonight.  I wanted to stay up until a reasonable time or I'd just wake up too early and the cycle would keep going.  So I was watching a movie with my headphones on when I could hear that someone was up and moving around.  I figured someone was up to use the washroom.

Turns out the husband is up throwing up.  No idea if it's food poisoning or a virus.  I can feel my stress level go up to level 10 right away!  We have only one bathroom, ONLY ONE BATHROOM!  You can imagine what would happen if more than one person gets sick at a time or even if one person is sick who wants to go in the bathroom after them?  It's not a good thing at all.  It stresses me out so much.  We've had times when the toilet is broken and I would be stuck her with the kids until someone could come fix it.  I don't think any house should have only one bathroom unless there is only one person and even then I think you should have two toilets.

The thing that really has me stressing is the daughter is supposed to go on a short trip with some friends to see a concert.  They leave Saturday afternoon and are staying at a friends dad's house.  They don't come back till Wed.  They will be a 3 1/2 hour drive away.  Now I'm going to worry that she'll get sick when she's there.  Nothing worse than getting sick at some one else's house and not being able to get home easily and quickly.  Can you imagine a 3 1/2 hour dive if you have a stomach bug? 

Now I'm totally stressing out.  I really don't want to get sick, I hate stomach bugs.  I know, no one likes them but my feelings are close to being a phobia.  I doubt I'll be able to sleep all night even though I'm exhausted because every noise I'll be alert to hear if anyone else is sick just like when the kids were little.  They seemed to be constantly sick when they were little and I rarely got a full nights sleep which of course does nothing for your mental health.

I can hear the son rolling around in his bed upstairs all the way in the living room.  We can pretty much hear people breathing through the walls this house is so small and poorly built. I can even hear peoples foot steps outside on the sidewalk when they walk by even with all the windows and doors closed.

I guess I'll sleep on the couch tonight.  I don't want to sleep next to the husband in case what he's got is contagious.  Now my stomach is starting to hurt but I don't know if that's from the worry or I'm getting sick.  It's going to be a long night.

Comments

Everybody, wash your hands constantly! That will help stave off transmission.
Mama Pea said…
I know it's hard not to be upset and worry in certain circumstances, but try to remember that worrying is nothing more than planning for an event you don't want to happen.
Sparkless said…
Debra, we do and hopefully it will help. Maybe we should just wrap the husband in cling wrap and spray him with Lysol.

Mama Pea, I know, worry about things you can't control is useless. I did some calming breathing and meditations last night and managed to get some sleep. The husband is feeling better today and it's looking more like something he ate than a virus.
we raised 5 children with only one bathroom. Had lots and lots of company, and never had much problem sharing one bathroom - until the daughters turned teens and that was more beautification then necessity!
Worst time for us was when we all caught a flu bug, and I was expecting and had round the clock morning sickness. WOW.

Popular posts from this blog

Evening Entertainment

Halloween

Trying My Best