Welcome 2014!

I actually have 3 more hours before it's the new year because it's only 9pm but lots of people are already celebrating.  The kids are out at friends and won't be back until tomorrow morning.  The husband has to work early tomorrow and went to bed because 4:30am comes very early.  So here I sit on my computer trying my best to figure out what was good about 2013 and what I'd like to do in 2014.

When the kids were small we used to sit down and write out a year in review.  We'd use the old calendar and look back and see all the things we did.  It was so much fun to remember all the fun things the kids had done.  Then we'd write out wishes for the new year down.  Then the following New Year we'd look at our wishes and see if we'd managed to make any of them come true.

The kids haven't done this with me for several years now.  So I'm trying to remember it all myself and my calendar isn't helping me because I know I haven't written down everything.  I have to say that 2013 was a quiet year with not much exciting or negative in it.  I'm not going to complain too much about it being boring because I know it could be so much worse.

I'm going to work on my wishes on January 2nd and work on them weekly all through January.  I need to get my plan of action set up and then I can start it all in February.  Too many things going on for me to make clear wishes right now. 

I can tell you a few of my wishes for 2014 though.  Here they are in no particular order:

1. Completely remodel the bathroom.  This is a total gut job so we can put in proper insulation, lighting, ventilation and get rid of a pink tub and toilet.  The vanity and sink needs to go too because it's made for people who are a lot shorter and smaller than we are.  We'd also like more storage in the bathroom so we can do all this at once.  That is our major remodel project this year and we will have to stay at my parents house while we do it because we only have the one bathroom.

2. Cook more.  My husband does most of the cooking and I need to start making more healthy foods cause his greasy meals don't sit well in my tum anymore.

3. If at all possible move to a larger/better built home.  I'm really doubtful this will happen but one can always dream.

4.  Decluttering and cleaning.  I'm not going to list all the things that need to get done or the list will take up several pages.  Lets just say I hope I gets some cleaning decluttering projects done.

5. I hope to see the son graduate from high school this spring and move on with some plan for his future.  Hopefully he can figure out something he wants to learn at college or university.  I'd really hate to see him working at a low paying job and not really doing anything with his life but existing from paycheck to paycheck.


That's all I've got for now and it seems like a small list but it's really huge for me.  I will be adding some more personal things but I probably won't post them.

Happy New Year to you all.  May 2014 be the year your dreams come true!

Comments

Birdie said…
We can exchange bathroom vanities. Our is for really tall people. At least 8 feet. I have no idea what the former owners were thinking when they put it in.

My son is graduating in the spring as well. I worry so much that his anxiety is going to hold him back. Actually, I know it is but I need to be ok with that.

The best way I have found for decluttering is put a box near that back door. When you come across something you no longer want or need, put it in the box. When the box is full, take it to charity. I had problems with hoarding about 10 years ago and this was the only way I was able to dig myself out. Any other way was way too overwhelming. I think back that I probably could have sold a lot of the stuff I got rid of but it was not realistic and I still would be sitting in a hoard today.

✦✧✦╗╔╔╗╔╗╔╗╗╔─╔╗╔╗╗╦╔─╗╔╔╗╔╗╔╗║✧✦✧
✧✦✧╠╣╠╣╠╝╠╝╚╣─║║╠╝║║║─╚╣╠╝╠╣║─║✦✧✦
✦✧✦╝╚╩╩╩─╩─╚╝─╝╚╚╝╚╩╝─╚╝╚╝╩╩╩─═✧✦✧



I hope all those things come true for you in 2014! Happy New Year!
Sparkless said…
Birdie, good for you for overcoming your hoarding habits. Our problem is our house is way too small with no storage space. Things get put away because there is no where for it to go and then I can never find it again. Drives me mad. I hope 2014 is a much better year for you.

Debra, a very Happy New Year to you to and I hope all your wishes come true in 2014.

Popular posts from this blog

Evening Entertainment

Halloween

Trying My Best