What Is Going On In the USA?

I'm Canadian and I am totally baffled by what is going on in the US.  I'm not clear on the details because every time I ask someone they give me a different answer.  They are blaming each other for things I don't quite understand.  How is having health care for everyone a bad thing?

When I posed the above question to a friend in the US she said there is no way she wanted to give free health care to illegal aliens and lazy people who don't want to work.  She can afford medical care and coverage for her family and does not want her premiums to increase to help pay for health care for people less fortunate then herself. 

Then I got a totally different answer from another person.  I didn't understand the answer but it had to do with Obama care being a poor plan period.  She said that there should be a better plan.  Okay I can understand that but when I asked why it was a bad plan her answers were not clear.

Each side is blaming the other for the government shut down.  It's all a game as far as I can see.  Politicians do not shut a country down without a good reason or a reason that is something else than what we think it is.  I'm going to say that politicians are much smarter than that and I know many people will disagree with that but you don't get to be a politician without doing some back door deals and a bit of white washing.  So this makes me wonder what is really going on.  If it's not about affordable health care for everyone what is it about?

Usually if you look harder at these types of problems you'll find other reasons.  For example if a health care company was going to lose money on this plan then they may lobby their representatives to stop the plan along with a nice big donation.  So if I were an American I'd be looking around to see who really benefits or loses if this plan is implemented, other than the people who will get affordable health care that is.  Follow the money and you'll find the root of the problem.

At least that's my opinion and everyone is entitled to have one and to even speak about it.  I'm not taking a side because I don't even fully understand the problem but I sure hope they get it sorted soon so all those government employees can get back to work and that some kind of health plan is implemented so everyone can have access to affordable health care like we have in Canada.  Most Canadians would say that having a universal health care system is what makes Canada one of the best places to live in the world (note I didn't say the best, cause I'm Canadian eh  LOL!).

Comments

Birdie said…
I think any country with Universal Health Care makes it a great country! Last night I ended up in the E.R. and did not have to pay a thing. That is the way it should be.
Thank the Goddess we live in Canada, that's all I can say.

Popular posts from this blog

Evening Entertainment

Halloween

Trying My Best