Soup Sunday

Yup we are having soup too.  It's just potato soup with homemade buns.  I don't have a recipe to share because the husband made the soup and he doesn't follow a recipe he just throws things in the pot and we eat it when it's done.


We had peas and carrots to go with the buns and cheese and soup.  I keep trying to get the husband to make some potato soup with a bit of sharp cheddar and bacon on top but he hasn't done it yet.

This soup was a bit thin and he used only mashed potatoes but it would be nice if you mashed half your potatoes and cube the rest up into small cubes.  You could also add some diced ham to this soup to up the protein.

Looks like we'll be having it again this week cause he made a big pot of the stuff.

Comments

Mama Pea said…
I never realized potato soup was as popular as it is. But then, why not? The ingredients are ones all of us usually have on hand. And, you're right, there are so many things you can add to it. When I make a big pot, for successive meals during the week I keep making additions to it . . . veggies, chunks of meat, etc.

Those homemade buns not only look perfect but yummy, too! If my potato soup turned out too thin, I know I'd end up dunking the buns in it!! Mmmmm, good.
I had a lovely potato soup once where the potatoes were grated. Gave the soup an interesting texture. And it had dill mixed in with it. Yum!
Sparkless said…
Mama Pea, I think I'll make some additions to it too. We make lots of bread in the bread machine and then take it out when it's ready to bake. It's so easy that way and you can make buns or loaves.

Debra, I love fresh dill in potato soup. We are out of frozen dill already. Never thought to grate the potatoes, good idea.
Erin said…
Potato Leek is my favorite!
Sparkless said…
Erin, I've never had potato leek but it does sound good. We'll have to try that one sometime.

Popular posts from this blog

Evening Entertainment

Halloween

Trying My Best