A Pill To Make You Small

Don't you just hate it when people lose weight and than can't stop talking about it?  They keep going on about how much better they feel and look.  Weekly they take pictures off their facebook page because they can't stand to look at how fat they used to be.  Okay, we get it you feel good and you look better but that doesn't give you a license to be an A-hole.

I've seen this so many times.  Woman goes on a diet/health kick/exercise kick/gets bariatric surgery, loses weight and then won't stop pointing it out to everyone like we care.  I don't care what you look like I only care how you behave and right now you are behaving like someone who's a jerk.

Look around you, there are many people who are overweight/fat/round or whatever you want to call it.  Your constant yammering about your weight is saying to them that the only value you have as a person is how you look/your size/weight.  When you say that to your heavy friends you make them feel like crap.  Yup you are pretty much bitch slapping them in the face. 

If someone asks you then by all means tell them but modest intelligent people know that they look and feel good and don't need to tell anyone.  They don't need any compliments because they have something called "self-esteem."  My advise is to get some quick before you gain back all your weight and more, which statistically speaking will happen especially if your weight loss was because you took some type of pill or bariatric surgery.

Snarky post finished.  I guess that's my one for the week.


Comments

Erin said…
Yay! Well said!
I can see both sides of this, actually. But it's hard to watch self-loathing in action, even if it's after the fact.
Sparkless said…
Erin, well thank you. I promise if I ever lose weight not to go on and one about it or post pictures of myself obsessively.

Debra, I'm all for people losing weight and getting healthy. I'd be the first person to compliment someone and congratulate them on their hard work. But the ones who go on and on about it just seems sad and annoying to me.

Popular posts from this blog

Mother's Day Good

Trying My Best

Evening Entertainment