First Cold of the Fall

Well our little typhoid Mary brought home the first cold of the Fall.  That girl catches everything going and then is so nice to pass it on to her family.  Sometimes I get sick and other times not.  This is one of those times I got sick.  This cold is killing me.  I had chills earlier and now I am sweating hot.  My sinuses are plugged, my chest is tight and I'm coughing.  So far the nose isn't running too much but I know when the tap turns on I'll be blowing and coughing.  That is always the most exhausting part of a cold for me.  All the coughing hurts my back and then I tense up even more which makes more pain, well you get the idea.

The daughter is feeling better but the son has it too now.  So far the husband hasn't succumbed and we hope he doesn't get sick because if he does he has to stay home.  He can't infect the elderly people he works with.

Tonight we stocked up on orange juice, tissues, yogurt, and some soup.  I'd make soup but I'm too sick and we don't have any in the freezer right now so it's canned soup or dried.  At this point I don't care as long as it's hot I'll eat it.  Of course every time I'm really sick the husband is working so that means not only am I responsible for the kids but I have to take care of myself too.  It would be so nice to have someone make hot tea for me and bring me lunch like I always do for him when he's home sick.  At least he went to the store and picked up our cold supplies.  I guess that's as much as he can do and I'm not gonna complain.

Other than hot tea and soup what other remedies are good for colds?  My son takes oregano oil but that stuff is too strong for me.  I'm going to have to go look up some good herbal remedies to stock up but right now I'm going to bed and try to get some sleep.  I wake up every couple of hours with a throat so dry I can't even swallow.  Then since I've been drinking tons of tea and liquids I end up getting up to go pee and that means I'm up several times at night leading to a very poor sleep. 

So wish me luck getting rid of the germs and send your favorite chicken soup recipes my way.

Comments

Erin said…
Sorry you are feeling sick! I swear by Zicam, I've used it for 2 years now and have only had 1 cold, but you have to take it immediately at the first sign of a cold and keep on with it. Stuff is expensive though, so I try to buy it when it's on sale plus coupons, if my symptoms hit and I have to pay full price, then I'm going to have to live with the cold LOL
Sparkless said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sparkless said…
Erin, I'll have to look around for some Zicam. I've heard about it for a couple of other people so it must be good stuff. Thanks for the recommendation.

Popular posts from this blog

Evening Entertainment

Halloween

Trying My Best