Tap, tap, is this on?

Sorry I haven't posted anything for awhile.  I just don't have much to write about.  My life is incredibly boring even to me.  My kids just got off their two week spring break last week and this week they get this Friday and next Monday off for Easter.  They also get a ProD day later on in the month.  I don't think there is a single month they actually are in school for the entire month.

The weather has been incredibly rainy.  We do get some sunshine but it seems like typical spring weather to me.  I'm sure there is snow in the mountains but just rain in our valley.

I'm working on our income tax forms.  For some reason it's really frustrating this year.  I can't find the right place to put a couple of things and it's driving me nuts.  I'll have to ask someone soon because we could use some of that refund money for a new vacuum and maybe even a comfy chair to read in.  In our living room we only have a two cushion couch and a computer chair.  So only enough seating for four people and the couch is broken and the computer chair has seen better days. 

My neck has been hurting me the last few weeks.  I've been doing stretches and relaxation exercises which help but it keeps coming back.  It may be time to see the Dr. but I really don't want to.  She won't do anything but give me medication which I can't really afford.  And that doesn't solve the problem.  I need a new pillow but I've already bought three and none of them seem to be doing the trick.  I've considered everything else and have made changes where I can but so far nothing is working.  I'll keep up the exercises and relaxation because those are the only things that actually help. 

With my neck hurting so much it's difficult to be on the computer too long.  I'm constantly moving my shoulders and head trying to relieve the discomfort and that makes for a bit of a typing hazard.  So excuse any typos.

I've been baking this past week.  So far I've made banana bread, cinnamon bread, and cookies.  I really don't need to eat any of that so I should stop baking and go for a walk instead.  It's time to get rid of these aches and pains and get in shape cause I'm tired of feeling like I'm 80!  If the weather cooperates I'll take some pictures of the yard tomorrow and log my walking miles or if my pedometer works how many steps I made.

Comments

Mama Pea said…
Physical exercise . . . sometimes it's so hard to get on a regular basis. One of the reasons I'm so eager for gardening time to arrive is that then I get daily exercise that I know is so good for me just by working in the garden and I love it. Your neck and shoulder problems sound like they could be caused by tension. I know I carry a lot of tension in my shoulders, always have. Get rid of your tension sounds so easy to say. If you figure that one out, please pass your methods along to me!
Sparkless said…
Mama Pea, if I could figure out a cure for tension and stress I'd be one rich woman!
Just remembered I have a dentist appointment this afternoon. Hopefully they'll be quick.
Erin said…
I can relate to your neck issues, I have had trouble turning mine to the left for the past 2-3 weeks and it seems to get worse by the day. This happened about 3 years ago and lasted for almost a year before it just disappeared one day, strange. Wow, a 2 week Spring Break, that's too much! The kids start their spring break tomorrow, now to figure out how to keep them busy!
Sparkless said…
Erin, I'm finding that neck exercises are really helping my neck issues. I have the tightness in the neck and shoulders.
Have fun on Spring Break!

Popular posts from this blog

Halloween

Mother's Day Good

Evening Entertainment