I Miss Snow

I really like winter and snow.  I love being inside all nice and warm watching the snow come down outside.  I love shoveling it and seeing how high the snowbanks get.  This year, nadda.  We've had a touch of snow but I can see my lawn.  It's cold too and without snow cover I'm wonder which of my bushes and plants are going to survive the winter.

I keep checking the long range forecasts and every time it predicts a bit of snow it will also predict rain right after or on the same day so it looks like it's going to stay fairly warm.  The sunny days are nice but I'd really enjoy some snowy ones too.

Who do I complain to about the weather?  I need to file a complaint and take back this unwinter like weather. 

Here's what I'd like it to look like outside my house.  This picture is from 2008 just after a big snowstorm.  Took us awhile to shovel out that foot of snow but we have enough shovels for everyone in our family now so we all go out and get it done.
Here's what it looks like outside my house.  This was just before Christmas 2011.  See the difference?  It's just sad.

Comments

Mama Pea said…
We've got just about the same situation here in Minnesota. Fortunately, the snowless winter has also been a warmer than usual one so we haven't had to worry about plants or septic fields being damaged . . . yet. Still, I'd rather have a nice, heavy, insulating covering of snow. We all need to learn a good snow dance, I guess.
Sparkless said…
Mama Pea I'm up for doing a snow dance as long as we don't have to do it outside naked. LOL!
Erin said…
It's crazy... I'm starting to really be concerned about the bug populations in the garden this year with no cold to kill them off!
Sparkless said…
Erin, that doesn't bode well for you garden. Do you use many pesticides to kill them off? There are lots of environmentally friendly ones now but they may not work as well. I don't have much of a bug problem. The only thing I've ever had to use was a bit of dish soap and water in a spray bottle on the rose bush to get rid of the over abundance of aphids.

Popular posts from this blog

Halloween

Mother's Day Good

Evening Entertainment