Happy Thanksgiving

Happy Thanksgiving to my US friends and family.  I still think you all are crazy to have your Thanksgiving so close to Christmas.  It's way more civilized to have it in Oct, after all, it is a harvest festival, who harvests anything in late Nov?  Well maybe some of the more Southern states do so I guess maybe it does make sense, but wouldn't it be so much nicer to have it less close to Christmas?  

Our snow is almost gone due to rain.  We are having lots and lots of rain.  I'd much rather have snow.  And for those of you who complain about snow I have one solution, move to a place there isn't any snow.  Sheesh!  It's not like it's unheard of for snow to happen every year.  But the level of whining I've been hearing is enough to make me want to shout at someone.  It snows here so get used to it and stop the whining.

That being said I will commence my own whining.  Naw, just kidding.  I don't have much to whine about today.  I have a house over my head, food in my belly and people who love me.  Oh, and I have my health.  What more could a person ask for in life?  So I give thanks today for all those things and hope that if you are celebrating Thanksgiving today you eat like a king and enjoy your blessings.

Comments

Mama Pea said…
I agree with you completely on the time of year Thanksgiving should be celebrated! October (or even September) would feel much, much better. With it being so close to Christmas, I don't think we enjoy it nearly enough.

Thanks for your wishes sent from Canada. That was really nice!
Sparkless said…
You are very welcome Mama Pea.
Erin said…
Well, it's on account of those stupid Pilgrims..... LOL!
Sparkless said…
Erin I didn't know the pilgrims came to the US in late November. You learn something every day.
Erin said…
I think they were just very tardy in celebrating LOL!!!

Popular posts from this blog

Mother's Day Good

Trying My Best

Evening Entertainment