First snow!

 We had our first snow a few days ago and then yesterday it came down and stuck around for a bit.  Then it started to rain/slush and is all melted now but it was glorious when it was coming down in big fat fluffy flakes.  I tried to get a picture but getting a picture of snowflakes falling takes a special skill and better knowledge of how to take the picture than I have.  So this will have to do.

Here's the backyard all cleaned up for winter.










There has been nothing going on in my life that is blog worthy but that doesn't stop me.  I'll just post some boring pictures and blab on about nothing.  I could post cat pictures too but every picture they have red eye in even when the red eye reduction is on.  I'll have to try to figure out how to stop that from happening.  I have a good camera so the only excuse I have is ignorance.

The kids were off school Friday for Remembrance Day.  The weather was so bad we didn't go to the ceremony this year.  All that snow/slush is not nice to stand in for a few hours outside. 

I better be off to finish writing my list of things to do so I can sit around and not do them.  That's what I do best, making the list and then ignoring everything I write on the list.  You can almost guarantee that if it's on the list it won't get done.  I'll have to make sure not to write any of the important stuff on the list anymore.  Or maybe I'll start a new list, one that has the most important chores that have to get done that day and another list of all the things I'd like to get done.  Naw, more than likely I'll just ignore them both and then we'll be in trouble with no clean clothes or food!  Wish me luck with my list.

Comments

Mama Pea said…
I think you did a good job of capturing the snowflakes falling! I have tried to do the same in the past and haven't succeeded nearly as well as you.

Oh, cwap, those old lists. I, too, am a list maker. It's even more frustrating when you're moving all day, and think you're accomplishing something, but then aren't able to cross even one crummy item on your last at the end of the day. Wha . . . ? Huh? What the heck did I do all day? I know I avoid things on my list that I should do but really don't want to do them. Sometimes I have to play a game with myself. Okay, I'll START on that thing I really don't want to do. If it feels just awful terrible bad, I can quit. Most of the time, once I get into it, it's not as bad as I thought it would be and I end up getting it done. We are our own worst enemies??
Sparkless said…
You are so right Mama Pea. It's all those chores that I don't want to do that stay on the list. But tonight I will break the cycle and finish up some paperwork I've been avoiding way too long. Once I get one dreaded task done it's usually easier for me to get going on the other things. Wish me luck!
Erin said…
"I could post cat pictures".... LOLOLOLOL! I'm jealous of your snow :)
Kannan said…
Good blog is this.
Sparkless said…
Erin with your garden you have no reason to be jealous of our snow. It would be wonderful to have an all season garden.

Kannan thanks for the compliment.
Zev said…
The image of snow on the rooftops makes me think of the neighborhood where I grew up, back home in Pittsburgh. Thanks.
Sparkless said…
Glad you enjoyed the pictures and memories Zev.

Popular posts from this blog

Mother's Day Good

Trying My Best

Long Time No Posts