Equinox Birthday

Tomorrow is the first day of fall or the Fall equinox when day and night are equal lengths.  It just so happens that Fall falls on my birthday this year.  And being the lucky person that I am my kids have a day off school  too.  It's one of the teachers development days.  The kids have barely been in school and already they have a day off.  sheesh!  And on my birthday too!
At least they are old enough that I don't have to look after them.  I told them that they are not allowed friends over or to have a sleep over on my birthday.  They are welcome to go out to other people's houses but I don't want a bunch of people cluttering up my tiny house on my birthday.  My husband will be home and that's quite enough clutter for me.  He'll be making the cake and supper.  It will be an apple spice cake with cream cheese icing this year and sweet and sour chicken over rice for supper.  Both are super easy to make but he'll take hours and complain the entire time he's making it and generally ruin my birthday.  He does this every year even if I make the cake and we go out to eat or I make supper.  He'll find a way to be a miserable nasty passive aggressive jerk and it would be so easy to just be nice on my birthday but I guess that's too much to ask of him one day a year.  As they say, there's always hope. 
I'd really like to make some major changes in my life.  I have a list but need to prioritize the list and take some things off that just are never going to happen.  The top of the list is to spend more time on my own health and taking care of me.  I've sorely neglected myself since I've been a mom.  It's time to be a person again too.
As I work on these I'll let you know how it's going and what I've been doing.  That may keep me accountable or at least give me a kick in the rear to keep working at things and not just quit because it's easier to sit and do nothing than it is to get up and get going.
I'm 48 tomorrow and I'm going to spend my 49th year doing stuff for me!

Comments

Erin said…
Doesn't the Equinox fall on the same day every year? My birthday is the Summer Solstice every year on the 21st. Happy Birthday to you! I hear you on that paying attention to ourselves a bit more, sometimes I wonder exactly when I started wearing t-shirts and gym shorts or yoga pants EVERY day and not just on the weekends LOL. It's okay though, it's not like we had given up, it's more important than that - we have given OVER, over to our kids and family that is, and only another mom would understand :) I hope your hubby can exceed your expectations this year and do something really nice for you, you deserve it!
Sparkless said…
The equinox actually falls on different days both for the spring and the fall one.
Here's the definition from Wikipedia
An equinox happens each year at two specific moments in time (rather than two whole days), when there is a location (the subsolar point) on the Earth's equator, where the center of the Sun can be observed to be vertically overhead, occurring around March 20/21 and September 22/23 each year.
Mama Pea said…
Don't know how I missed these last two posts, but I sure did. Happy Belated Birthday wishes to you. I hope you felt okay and the day was good for you. My daughter has been out of the house fro twenty-some years and I still have a hard time "taking care" of myself. We females become such care givers to everyone else that it's hard to find (or reclaim) time for ourselves. Let's work on this together!
Sparkless said…
Thanks Mama Pea. I sometimes think it's easier to just look after everyone else than myself. I always have to balance any guilt when I spend money or time on myself. I need to take care of myself but I need to find the balance between the happy place and the guilt one.

Popular posts from this blog

Evening Entertainment

Halloween

Trying My Best