Productive Weekend

Here's a pic of the Mother's Day chocolate cheese cake the husband made for me.
The husband finally helped make a couple of raised beds for our veges.  Unfortunately we didn't have enough soil to fill them both so we just filled up the larger one.  The larger one is 6' x 3'  which I thought was a bit too wide so I told the husband to make the second one 6' x 2'.  I didn't get anything planted yet.  It's supposed to be rainy tomorrow but nice the rest of the week so I'll plant seeds as soon as the weather cooperates.  We are a bit behind but that's just the way things go here.  I'm amazed the husband actually got off his rear and built them.  It took him all day!  LOL!

Raised beds













rhubarb

chives and some strawberry plants.  This garden needs some work and more plants

Basil in white pot, strawberries in brown planter and unhealthy blueberry bushes in the garden

Lilacs in bloom


I made bread and cleaned mostly.  Laundry of course and some spots in the house that accumulate junk got cleaned up.  We don't have many closets (old house) so things can get overwhelming pretty fast as there is no where to hide all the usual stuff a family of four needs.


I made two loaves, the other one was still in the oven.


So there you have most of my weekend and pictures to prove it too!

Comments

Erin said…
Look at you go! A very productive weekend it looks like. Congrats on those raised beds, you will be off and running in no time, they are so much easier to garden in. Your bread looks delish - now what are you going to be planting?!
Erin said…
Tell hubby "way to go"! Cheesecake AND raised beds??? Keep up that momentum LOL!
judy said…
From one brink of insanity to another-way to go!if I had A BLOG I could show pictures of my lilacs ready to bloom too. we have a neighbor though-Mr.Neat! He trims a whole borderline of lilacs before they bloom-how foolish-so those we never get any benefit from.
Sparkless said…
Erin we will plant some lettuce, peppers, tomatoes, beans, peas, carrots and cucumbers. Not all in the raised beds but where ever we can stuff them in. I'd like to plant pumpkin somewhere too.
Do you see the chocolate pieces on top of the cake? He poured chocolate on a pan and cut those out too!

Judy sounds like Mr Neat is a total nutcase! Who cuts down lilacs before they bloom? I love bringing some inside and they fill the entire house with lilac scent. Ahhhhh
Mama Pea said…
Your raised beds look wonderful. Your bread looks wonderful. Heck, everything looks wonderful! Your rhubarb is a little ahead of mine. I don't know of anything I look forward to more in the spring/summer than that first picking of rhubarb. I swear it has something in it that I NEEEED!
Sparkless said…
Mama Pea, I'm not a huge fan of rhubarb and in the past have just given most of it away. This year I'm going to eat it all though and what we don't eat I'm freezing for later.
You need to send me your favorite rhubarb recipes or post one on your blog. I need some inspiration.
Mama Pea said…
Take a look at the rhubarb recipe I posted last year and see if it appeals to you. It is truly WONDERFUL! Go to http://www.ahomegrownjournal.blogspot.com/2010/05/best-spring-tonic.html.

P.S. Word Verification is "fater." That's what I'll be as soon as my rhubarb comes in!
Sparkless said…
Mama Pea thanks for the recipe. I'll give it a try after I make the rhubarb muffin recipe I tried. I'm also going to freeze some rhubarb cause we won't be able to use it all.

"fater" ya that's what I'm going to be if I don't get into better shape soon!

Popular posts from this blog

Evening Entertainment

Halloween

Trying My Best