Do You Ever

Do you ever have one of those nights when you just can't settle down and get to sleep.  It's not like I'm stressed about anything or have a reason not to be able to sleep.  I tried sleeping and then was rolling around so much I decided to get up for a bit and go on the computer.  I'd read but that will keep me up longer.  I can never understand people who read to put themselves to sleep.  If I'm reading a good book I'll end up staying up way too late reading cause it's just too good to put down. 

My mom is in her room now and doing very well.  She was supposed to be home on Sunday but I think they realized that was a bit too early and it looks like it will be Monday morning.  I'll be hopping up to see her tomorrow cause I know she's getting bored.  It must be so frustrating not to be able to do everything for yourself like go to the toilet or just hop out of bed and do something.  There won't be any hopping for her for awhile.  She has a very long list of exercises and proper ways she must move with big black X's over the wrong way to move or sit etc.  She can't bend over very far either so if she drops something someone else has to pick it up for her.  And I'm sure that there is a fair bit of pain involved in every movement.  Poor thing.

Anyway she's doing fine and wants to get out of the hospital and back to her house where she doesn't have to share a room with another woman and a snoring old man.....oh well I guess she kinda does have to share with a snoring old man but at least she knows that snoring old man, her husband.  Poor old guy in the other bed had a hip replacement and then fell down and broke his hip and had to have another big operation to get pins in his hip.  Man getting old and ill must totally suck!

I didn't check the weather forecast but I hope we get a bit of sun tomorrow.  The sun snuck out a few times today and it was heaven.  I had to sit out in the sun on my chair and get some vitamin D.  Much cheaper that way than from pills.  With all this bone talk I'm trying to keep mine strong and healthy by getting enough calcium, magnesium and vitamin D. 

I haven't been very motivated to do anything lately.  I'm not sure why but I have a ton of things I should be doing and not getting enough sleep isn't going to help with that so I better get off this computer and go attempt to go to sleep again.

Comments

Mama Pea said…
I think we traded pillow time last night. I slept soundly until 4:00 when I couldn't fall back asleep for anything. Got up and read until 6 when I was suddenly sleepy again. Slept until 8 . . . arrrgh. Now feel as though I've lost half the day.

I'm sure your mom will feel much better when she gets home. Who wouldn't?? Sending fast recovery wishes her way.
Erin said…
I'm the same way with reading, and knitting is even worse, I was knitting so crazy before Christmas I would look up and the clock would say 1:30 am! The only thing that does it for me is t.v., and I know that's bad :)

Your mom will feel so much better in her own bed and home, your nights will get better I'm sure as she improves.

Popular posts from this blog

Mother's Day Good

Halloween

Evening Entertainment