First Snow

We had our first true snow today.  Big fat flakes were falling early this morning.  It started to stick to the ground but by the afternoon turned to rain.  No snow on the ground yet.  I'm longing to see everything covered in white soon.

I don't know what it is about snow but it feels magical to me.  It transforms the landscape from dull and dirty to white and pristine.  I especially love when it snows in the evening and I can look out the window at the mounting snow drifts and feel all snug and warm reading a book and drinking some tea. 

So come on weather and give me some snow cause I need a transformation!

Comments

Erin said…
You are so right, the first snow never gets old no matter how many times you've seen it! Here it's just gray, muddy and rainy all winter, yuck! I get so homesick for the snow, it usually starts the day after Halloween! Counting the days until we can see some at Christmas!
jaz@octoberfarm said…
i want snow!!! send some my way!! i was thinking this morning that i bet the stars could be made by tracing a star on heavy duty cardboard and gluing everything over that. so if you can't find the forms you could try that!
Sparkless said…
One would think living in British Columbia we'd get snow before people south of us but this isn't always the case. We are still waiting for that first snow that sticks to the ground. We've even had a few Christmas's that had no snow or so little it wasn't enough to cover the ground.
I hope we all get just the right amount of snow this winter! I'm sending any extra out to you both.

Great idea about the star Jaz. If I can't find a form I'll give that a try and let you know how it works.

Popular posts from this blog

Mother's Day Good

Trying My Best

Evening Entertainment