Perspective

Sometimes a day can change your perspective.  One of the new people I'm on the board with has decided to quit at the end of Dec.  She can't believe the level of disrespect shown from staff to board members.  She is so disgusted that she is done and has drafted her letter of resignation.  Just hearing her say everything that I have been feeling is enough for me to follow suit.  I am also writing up my letter of resignation and will bring it to the next meeting.

I should have done this last year or the year before but I felt guilty about leaving because there was no one to take my place.  Now I don't care if there is anyone to take my place.  If there is fine if not I'm fine with that too.  My talents can be better used elsewhere and it's better for me and my family if I resign as it's taken it's toll.

Whew I feel like a weight has lifted off my shoulders.  Now I just need to clean up all the paperwork I haven't filed and make sure everything is ready for the next person so I can leave with a clear conscience.

I'm ready to move on and do more happy things in my life and be around more positive healthy people.  Struggling with so many dysfunctional people for so long has really made me lose perspective on what is important.  Just having that other board member say it out loud made it all clear as a bell for me.

So I'm off to bed with a smile on my face tonight.  I see the light at the end of the tunnel.

Comments

Erin said…
I am assuming this is a volunteer position? If so, I agree, your talents will be appreciated more elsewhere! There are so many things to get involved in if you want, don't settle for doing something that you don't get any personal enjoyment out of!
Cottage Times said…
I just started reading your blog. Bravo on leaving the board. Life's too short to be weighed down by little hittlers.
Sparkless said…
Yes, Erin it's a volunteer job on a board for a sporting club my daughter belongs to.
I feel so much better from having made that decision.
Sorry to hear about your cats Cottage.

Popular posts from this blog

Halloween

Mother's Day Good

Evening Entertainment