Two Police Cars and a Fire Truck

That's what was outside our house last night. I woke to a woman screaming like she was being killed last night around 2:30am. I got up to try to figure out where the noise was coming from. I ended up on the front porch where I saw a bunch of what looked like teenagers walking down the street. I figured it was just drunk teens making noise so I went back to bed. But they kept making noise, in particular a girl yelling and screaming.

I got up again and looked out the living room window and saw bunch of people standing around on the street in front of our house. There were three males walking away down an alley. I hoped that since some of them left the noise would stop so I went back to my room. The noise kept up and I got up to peek out my bedroom window to see if I could see anything. I saw that two police cars were out there now.

By this time the cat was up and wanted to go outside. She won't use the litter box now because of the kitten so I let her out the back door and saw a fire truck coming around the corner. I knew that meant someone was injured because if the ambulance crew is busy the fire truck comes because they are trained as paramedics.

Now I'm wide awake and watching out the living room window. The paramedics are checking out a girl but it doesn't look serious because they don't take her anywhere or do anything. Some of the police are now looking down the alley for the other people who left, I assume. I opened the front door to see if I could hear what anyone was saying and find out what happend, old snoopy woman that I am. Couldn't make out anything though. Last time I checked they had put the people in the police cars because it was raining and were looking for the other people. I went back to bed.

I figure it must of been some kind of domestic because the men/boys that left were not running or even walking fast when they were leaving the other people. Maybe it will be in the paper next week. Sheesh can't an old lady get a good nights rest anymore?!!

Comments

Erin said…
Yikes! We had a teenage girl get raped about 6 years ago in a storage unit parking lot down the street, normally we never have any real crime to speak of so I will always remember that girl crying when the police came, sad...

The other night in our city a Navy wife was murdered, her husband is on the USS Truman where my husband is also stationed, still can't believe that happened - I can't imagine getting that call over in the Persian Gulf that your wife has been killed - people sicken me today, and it looks like it keeps getting worse.
Sparkless said…
I hope your streets stay safe Erin. I live in a very small town, less than 10,000 people so this is pretty unusual for here. That's why I was peering out my window, it doesn't happen everyday, thank goodness!

Popular posts from this blog

Mother's Day Good

Halloween

Evening Entertainment