Heat Wave Monday

We are in the midst of a heat wave.  It's up to 40C today.  And guess what broke?  I'll give you one guess, it's in something that we drive around in.  The a/c in the car died!!!!  The husband is taking it in tomorrow and it better not cost much to fix or I'm going to scream.  I'm so tired of things breaking down and having to spend so much money to fix them.  I know it's a part of life that things break and wear out but sheesh it shouldn't be happening so much that you can't make it a week without having to repair at least one major appliance.

I think manufacturers aren't making things to last now.  They are purposely making things poorly so they break and you have to buy them again.  That is wrong on so many levels.  I'd rather spend more for something that will work well and last longer.  That is much better for the environment.  Our society has to stop being such a throw away society.  We buy cheap crap and then throw it away when it no longer works and buy new.  That costs more in the long run both for our pocketbooks and for the environment.

I refuse to replace my cell phone even though it's 6 years old.  It doesn't have a camera but it will take and send a call or text just fine.  Sure it's battery life is getting lower but until it totally craps out on me I'm keeping it and using it.  I know the newer ones have more bells and whistles and I look forward to the day I'll need one but today is not that day.

This is not just about not having lots of disposable income to buy toys this is about being a responsible consumer.  A consumer who does not take lightly the stewardship of this earth.  What have you done to show you are a responsible earther dweller?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Evening Entertainment

Halloween

Trying My Best