People Who Lie

Tonight we had our board meeting.  I was met with several lies.  There are a couple people on our board who think it's okay to lie about things.  They think they can manipulate things to get control.  I'm all for letting them have control as long as it's in the best interests of the club but I am not for having them have control for the sake of having control to suit themselves.  We are a nonprofit society and we have rules we have to follow.

I am disgusted and appalled that this one woman "Fat Hitler" I'll call her, blatantly lied about something.  Not only does it put me in a bad position but I am now associated with a person who lies.  I want to disassociate myself from this group.  But I said I would stay another year.  I am having such a difficult moral problem with working with adults who behave like this. 

I can deal with lots of different people with all sorts of different personalities but I don't tolerate people who lie.  There is something that makes me want to expose those people and show them for the scum they really are.  I know I shouldn't take it personally because it's not personal at all it's just thier own moral failing and I'm trying to disassociate myself from these people as much as I can.  I don't want people to think I'm like them. 

I am seriously thinking of taking my daughter out of this particular sport just so I can have a good reason to leave this board.  I would be so relieved to not have to work with people who lie and possibly steal.  There is no accountability for the money and I am already taking my name off signing cheques.  I don't want to have my name on any more paperwork for this board. 

Sorry for rambling on about this and I know most of you are saying to just quit but it's not that simple.  This board is hard up for people has been from the beginning since everyone is so busy.  I volunteer on the board to support my daughter in the sport she likes.  I do it for her.  She really loves this sport and has been doing it for 6 years now.  I really wish I could convince her it's time to start a different sport, to try something new.  I'm not sure I can take her out of something she loves doing and I'm not sure I can continue to volunteer.  If I stop being on the board it's likely they will take away her sponsorship and my daughter won't be able to afford to continue in her sport.  So I'm stuck between a rock and a hard place.  I can't do what I feel is moral and right no matter which way I turn.

Sometimes being a mom is a difficult thing and it makes me weary to the bones. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Evening Entertainment

Halloween

Trying My Best