Love Those Stretch Marks

Today my baby turned 12. Lucky for me she's still shorter than I am and still loves me enough to give me lots of hugs and kisses. We took her out for spaghetti supper and went home to have some chocolate cake. She seemed very happy to be 12 but for me it's always about the memories. When one of my kids has a birthday I am always reminded of the day they were born.

I'm not one of those melancholy mom's who is forever crying about how they miss when their child was a baby. I'm pretty much thrilled with how both my kids are turning out. They aren't perfect but I like it that way. I'm not going to get all teary over missing what I've already had. I've done the baby years and yes they did have their moments but I also remember those other times too. The times when they wouldn't sleep for months on end. Or when they would tag team get sick so I'd be up with vomiting kids for a week or more. It was the vomiting that I could have totally done without and the sleepless nights. Other than those two things my kids were almost perfect and that's all us mom's can really hope for.

So as I watch my daughter grow into a young woman I'm always amazed at her strength, energy and zest for life. I wish I could bottle that and sell it cause I'd be a millionaire. I wouldn't want to go back in time, I can't wait to see what's next for her and her brother. They have so much ahead of them and I hope to be around for all of it. So tonight I love my stretch marks because my kids gave them to me and I consider that an honor. Happy Birthday my sweet girl!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Evening Entertainment

Halloween

Trying My Best