Shack Wacky

Almost December but I've already broken out my holiday cd's and started listening to them. Well, actually just one and it's more like blues/jazzy type Christmas songs by Colin James. And tonight I'm sad to hear that one of the bands from my youth was in town and I didn't know about it. I would have gone to see Trooper for sure if I had known. So now I'm feeling a tad miffed. I guess I'll just have to listen to some of their cd's. Nothing better than live music though and especially when you know most of the songs and have been singing them for decades, yes I said decades!
So here I sit like a lemon on a Friday night. What the heck happened to going out once in awhile. The kids are old enough to be left on their own for a bit but we still never go out. We only have one theatre in town and it's showing both Twilight movies. I'm not too interested in seeing a teenage vampire romance. Missed the Trooper show :( Can't really afford dinner out and there aren't that many good restaurants here to eat in. So our choices are limited but still. A walk in the moonlight would have been nice since it's clear out tonight.
Funny how having kids totally changes your life. You think it won't but it does. At first you are too tired to do anything and eventually you get too old and pathetic to do anything. This is when the midlife crisis comes in. Sure I could go out and have an affair but that's not my style. I'm more of the stay home and gain a ton of weight kinda gal.
I could learn a new skill or get a hobby since reading has lost it's lustre. I've pretty much done every hobby under the sun at one time or another. I'm toying with the idea of maybe knitting something simple. Maybe I'll do some hats or a scarf? Oh sheesh, I just should go out and shoot myself and get it over with! I'm not ready to sit in a rocker yet. I want to live!
Sorry for the dramatics but lately that's what I've been feeling like. I want to get out there and do something but I have no idea what. I just want to get out of this house really. My friend calls it "going shack wacky." I gotta get out of this house, kinda feeling. You know that feeling when if you don't get outside you'll explode into million fragments of frustration?
So I'm getting out of the house tomorrow. No idea where I'm going or what I'm going to do but if I'm lucky I'll remember to bring my camera and it won't rain too much.

Comments

Capital Mom said…
I hope you were able to get out!
Finding something is a great idea. I am looking for something to get me out of the house, because otherwise I won't.

Popular posts from this blog

Mother's Day Good

Trying My Best

Evening Entertainment