Back up

Ya so, you are still waiting to see pictures taken with my new camera. I know. It's not like it slipped my mind or anything it's just that I have to install something on my computer. Installing anything on this computer is done after much praying. Said computer likes to crash if you so much as ask anything new of it. She's a bit hysterical.
The disc is sitting there. I can see it just in my peripheral vision. I almost installed it today but thought better of it. I have to back up stuff first. Well actually I have to figure out how to back up stuff first. Does anyone back up their stuff on their computer? I've been hearing about it for years but never really bothered cause at the time I had more important things to do. But now that I have videos, pictures and other important stuff on my computer I don't want to lose all that. I do have most of the pictures on discs so that is good but my husband did that and of course there is no rhyme or reason to how he did it so I don't know which pictures he's burned to a disc and which ones aren't. He's a real clever guy.
So you can see my dilemma. Do I spend several hours finding out how to back my stinking computer up and then install the dang disc or do I just go ahead and install the disc after knocking on wood and spinning around 3 times saying "I hate rabbits" ?
Now I hear you laughing at me! Yes, I distinctly hear laughter! You think I'm a moron now. I should never have told about the lack of back up. You back up your computer all the time and never lose any data. Your computer works perfectly and you never have any problems with it cause it's all shiny new and has tons of memory. Well, some of us have old archaic computers that have only a smidgen of memory left and are always on the verge of a good crash. Now I'd buy a new computer if I could afford it but for now I'll have to make do with this thing.
Or maybe the laughter was about how easy it is to back up a computer and how any fool can do it in three seconds or less. I think I'll just pop that disc in after knocking on wood and doing my little "computer be good" dance. I think I'll live dangerously and see what it gets me.
So if I'm not around for a few days or longer you'll know what happened.

Comments

missykimmy said…
Haha, I love this post. I'm always scared my computer will crash too because I have so many things stored in it and I don't have any back up. I guess I have to make one too.

Since you updated shortly after this post, I guess your computer didn't crash after you inserted the disc. (I hope I didn't just jinx it. *knocks on wood*)

missykimmy.blogspot.com
Sparkless said…
I chickened out and didn't put the disc in. I'm almost ready to do it though, really I am, so soon I'll do it, I promise..... well maybe. ACK!

I was hoping you could tell me how to back up my computer but I guess not. LOL!

Popular posts from this blog

Halloween

Mother's Day Good

Evening Entertainment