I've got eyes everywhere!

My son went to a friends house to sleep over tonight so my daughter had a friend sleep over here. The girls decided to sleep in my son's room cause he has a double bed that they can share. But my son has a hamster. A hamster who likes to be up and noisy at night. So the poor hamster is banished to the bathroom for the night with everyone getting instructed to keep the bathroom door closed so the cat doesn't get in and get the hamster. I'm not sure how the cat could open the cage but those cats can be tricksy creatures so I'm not taking any chances.

The girls saw a movie tonight too "Where the Wild Things Are". They both said it was very strange but seemed to have enjoyed it. I was going to go with them but decided that since it was a kids movie and I'm tired that the combination would have me nodding off and snoring. Thus causing deep distress and embarrassment to both myself and my daughter. So we dropped the girls off and came back later to collect them.

I love living in such a small town. You can do stuff like that. Like dropping your kids off at the pool and coming back an hour or two later to get them. Kids can go outside and ride bikes and do kid stuff without too much fear of a "bad person" getting them. I'm not saying that bad things never happen in small towns just that crime rate is much lower and everyone keeps an eye on any kids they know. It means the kids can't get away with much either cause someone will always tell your mom on you. hee hee

Like just the other day I saw my 15 year old niece and her boyfriend out walking around. Later that day when I was talking to my sister, her mom, I asked where her daughter was going. She said she didn't know but she was going to find out. I felt a bit bad cause I didn't want her to get into trouble but it's my job to report to all other parents about their kids. Most of the other parents do the same thing so I know I've got eyes everywhere should my kids decide to do something stupid.

Ahhh the wonders of small town life, better than having security cameras!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Halloween

Evening Entertainment

Trying My Best