I am woefully inadequate!

I love to read other people's blogs and find that many of the best ones are always referring to people or things I have no idea about. This means I have to stop and look up info about someone or something. This in turn makes me feel frustrated and inadequate. Like how do these people ever have enough time to learn all this popular culture crap on top of having a job, life, family etc? No, really I want to know. How do they do it?

I'm thinking they really must be some loser that sits on the computer all day long and makes stuff up to look really smart and cultured. I don't have time to read a zillion books and even when I do read a book I'd be hard pressed to remember the author's name or even the name of the book. And there are all the political references that drive me bats.

I wonder if it's just me or maybe my gray matter is getting really old. I don't seem to be able to retain information anymore. And if that isn't disturbing enough I don't care about most of that info anyway! I don't care about the hottest new books and authors out there. I don't care about what everyone else in the media said. I don't follow the fads of drinking red wine, getting tattoos and travelling all over the globe. I don't want to spend all my time trying to make clever quotes and impress people with my superior knowledge (I couldn't even if I tried).

I want to sit back and enjoy life. I want people around me who love me and who I love. I want nothing more than time to enjoy life. I don't care what other people are doing that much although it does seem mildly amusing to me at times. I wonder what drives people so hard. Why do they do the things they do? After that I pretty much don't care.

So when I ask you how your day was I'll listen to the answer and if you are one of my loved ones I'll ask some more cause I do care but the rest of you shouldn't waste your breath on me cause I'm old and my gray matter is shrinking fast.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Halloween

Evening Entertainment

Trying My Best