Can you see it?

My head that is. Does it look like it's about to explode? Is there smoke coming out of my ears? I wondered cause I just got home from a board meeting. I don't know why the heck I stay on other than this is a really small town and if I storm out in a huff everyone will know about it in five minutes and talk about me for years. It would ruin any reputation of being a calm person. I can't do that. I have a degree in Psychology for goodness sakes!

I bet you want to know what happened don't you? Well it goes something like this. Hittler (I've written about her before and yes I know it's spelled wrong I just don't want any nut jobs ending up hear after a search for the real guy) is sick so can't make the meeting. She e-mails this info a few hours before the meeting and oh by the way this woman will be making a presentation to the board. Ohhhhhhh if you knew this woman who made the presentation you'd have been sick too! So we have to sit through her presentation and now have to decide whether we want to take on her business to make extra money or not. This woman is a loon and no one really wants anything to do with her. No one wants to vote on this yet so we tabled it till the next meeting. Hee hee! Now the people who didn't show up to this meeting are not getting out of voting on this.

And to make matters worse this one guy on the board says he doesn't like being blindsided by this kind of thing. He didn't know she was going to be at the meeting, blah, blah, blah. "Well" says I, "Hittler only told me she was going to be at the meeting a few hours before the meeting so that's why it's not on the agenda." I'm not taking the fall for this kinda crap!

And of course we have several people who are on the board who do nothing, nothing at all but go to meetings and sit there. You should have seen all the work I've done in the last week. Today I worked for around 5 hours getting stuff ready and working on the newsletter etc. I just wish one of these deadbeats would put their hands up for anything cause I'm sick of their faces at meetings!

Anyway hopefully things will calm down in a bit and I can hide in my corner as much as possible. I really don't want to be associated with this group of people but my daughter is in this sport and my mom always taught me if your kid is in it you help out. Dang my mom anyway!

Comments

Kate said…
Sounds like the day from hell. I hope the next one is better. I find silly games during boring presentations help pass the time. Anyway sending you a cyber hug.

Kate xx

http://secretofficeconfessions.blogspot.com/
Sparkless said…
These meetings are silly games! LOL!

Thanks Kate.

Popular posts from this blog

Evening Entertainment

Halloween

Trying My Best