Ummm

I've run out of things to say. My brain is mush and I have no rants to go on at the moment.

I did get 5lbs of organic strawberries cleaned and in freezer bags to await either being used as jam or just getting eaten as is. The laundry was hung on the line and dried. We've turned off the a/c units cause it's cool today. If I could live with out a/c I'd be a happy woman. I don't like the noise or the cold air blowing on me. I like the cool but not when it comes from a machine making so much noise it sounds like a plane just about to take off. If we had more money we'd buy central air or a heat pump but we don't so we make do with what we have. Actually, some insulation would probably go a long way too but we can't afford that either. Did I tell you were are poor? Yup, we live just above the poverty line as defined by the gov't. Which means we are really, really poor. We are lucky to have a house over our heads, food on the table and clothes on our backs.

I'm going to take a trip soon to Creston to buy apples and then I'm going to bake and bake and bake. I still can't make a pie crust to save my life but I'm going to keep doing it until I make the perfect crust and until then we'll have to chew our way through all my tough ones.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Evening Entertainment

Halloween

Trying My Best